Tuesday, November 11, 2008

TLC

I don't even know where to begin this post. It's so sad to me I imagine myself telling the story in another dimension wrapped in a wooley blanket in front of some fireplace hunched over cuddling myself with the fibres and some very nice scotch. Instead though I am writing this in my husbands warm long underwear and a cup of java in my cool office. It seems as though one of "my best friends" is very sick. Last night after a super long day of shooting and processing I went downstairs to watch television with my hubby and blog about these 'oh so cute kids" that I had photographed in the last couple of days. I grabbed my laptop and plunked my very heavy midsection on the couch. I noticed right away when I tried to open it's beautiful silver lid. The bracket holding my mac was bent and where it closed, it was giving me this wonky half smile. "marty, something happened to the mac". He just looked at me and said " I know" . So now this panic sets in, I open it up and it looks okay, but it won't find the network. So as I do a restart so I can hook up to the computer upstairs he tells me this horrible story about how he took my "work friend" up to the washroom to check his facebook after work. He tells me that the dog came in to say hello. He the tells me that the dog used his nose and flipped my "friend" out of his hands and sending it crashing into the bathtub beside him. For those of you that know me even a little bit, you know that I love my family, my hubby, but I also so love my electronics. I was debating this little fact as I looked at him and the dog so comfortable on the couch, waiting for the mac to restart. Needless to say it didn't restart, just a blue screen. I got that "unreasonable and inconsolable" tone in my voice as I told he would probably never see me again because now that the laptop was gone I would be changed to my desk until Christmas because there was now no option of taking work anywhere else as my silver little buddy was dead. That they and facebook killed my machine that made late night blogging possible. Late last night as I was falling asleep I thought about my macbook and all of the little trips we took together. I thought about us in the dominican airport, on the patio sipping drinks, and camping out at Elkwater. I took it everywhere I went and it makes me so sad. All of it seems so long ago and so much like a dream. However this morning when I woke up I still got the blue screen and nothing else. A few hours of sleep did give me some clarity though...MY friend will be fixed...it just needs to go to the doctor for a few days. Now on to search for the perfect professional to work on my baby.

Anyways just because it does indeed make me feel better to look at these photos of the these cuties I will leave you with a few photos that I shot over the last two days. There were delightful to photograph and were so different even though they are fairly close in age.





0 comments: