Friday, July 18, 2008

New Brunswick Part one

The count is in! We took a total of 537 photos while we were away. I say we because Marty had the camera at least 50% of the time. IT was nice, that way I actually got to prove I was on this holiday as there are finally vacation photos with me in them, and I got a little break from my job. Mainly Marty did all the extended family people photography while I did our kids and landscapes. I have only managed to process a few photos from the trip so far. Here's a peak at some of the gorgeous Eastern Canadian Landscapes and a few family photos from the beginning of our holiday.

These two were taken on our second last day in Alma, NB. We arrived at night when the tides was high. I had trouble sleeping so when the sun rose I set out to the beach to find that the water had receeded, leaving those little lonely boats on land.






This one was taken just outside Cape Cassie where my inlaws had rented a cute little cabin. We got there just in time to take in the sunset on the beach as well as all the mosquitoes!


This is all four and a one half of us just before we left Alberta. Yucky direct flash...This is not a representation of my work lol!


Less than two hours after we arrived we hit Parlee Beach in Shediac, NB. It was gorgeous little beach and well worth the $9.00 it cost for the day pass. The water was incredibly warm. I was told that it gets near 30 degrees at various points in the summer. There were a ton of jellyfish in the water which really made me scared about me and family going in, but as it turns out these little guys only have a mild sting that can be removed with sand. Who knew?



This is precisely why you sould bring little things like a razor with you on your trip. I hadn't had a chance to primp much on the grooming so I was stuck in my beach cover up. I didn't want to be the only person scarier than the jellyfish!


Next we hit the town of Shediac, looked around and shopped. We even took 4 cooked lobsters back to our hotel room to gobble up before we headed out for the evening!



0 comments: