Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The birthday suit

After long deliberation within myself, I decided I would post this old photo of myself as it pertains to today's post. Today was my 32nd Birthday and I was blessed with so many wishes. I took some time out of busy schedule to look within today. The last few months have been so crazy and today I managed to take a time out and really think about my adult life. I have been wanting to do a "things you didn't know about your photographer" post so I thought today would be a suitable day for such a post. So here is the photo, untouched, not airbrushed, without flattering lighting and posing...it's just me...Rachel.



And here are 32 things you didn't know about your photographer.


1. I went to an all girls boarding school in Saskatchewan for high school.
2. I took one year of nursing and almost finished hairdressing thinking it would further my career in funeral directing
3. During those two years of school I managed to squander 10,000.00 dollars of my student loan and have nothing to show for it
4. I have not had any sambuca since i was 19. Actually I had one shot of it last year and then remembered why I hadn't had any since.
5. I have saved someone's life once
6. I am still in contact with two of my friends that I have had since kindergarten.
7. I have on occasion 3 or 4 Tim Horton's triple triples in one day.
8. On that same day I also had a latte from starbucks (with two shots) eek
9. I manged to break my glasses running backwards and somehow falling on my face.
10. I once shaved a triangle out of the back of my head just because I thought it was cool.
11. Just this year I checked to make sure that i can still make fart noises with my arm pit.
12. I also can make fart noises with my knee, but only in the bath tub. The skin has to be wet.
13. I can pinch super hard with my toes.
14. I have passed off store bought cookies as my own at a bake sale.
15. Okay, I actually have done that numerous times.
16. I can't watch horror movies without reading the spoilers on the internet first.
17. I still prefer to buy cd's rather than download them from Itunes.
18. I cry at each of my clients weddings.
19. My husband and I did not like eachother very much when we first met
20. The night I told my husband that I liked him I was very drunk, and it seemed like the thing to say at the time. (who knew that it actually brought out the truth!)
21. the night of my husband and my first date we got into a car accident.
22. When I was 16 and went to Disneyland I met a boy and told him my parents were hippies and they named me "gibson". He wrote me for two years with all the letters addressed to gibson.
23. I have played the guitar since I was 11 years old.
24. I quit piano lessons in grade 12, and now can only play grade four level music.
25. I went to Germany when I was 18 with my high school choir group.
26. I am super excited every time the maxim hot 100 comes out, and have bought a issue every year.
27. I have been racking my brain trying to figure out how to link my next child's name to U2. I think Bono would be too obvious and Marty would figure it out.
28. I have a tatoo that I got on a whim, but it now looks like a marker streak.
29. when I was 29 I denied my age and told everyone I was 24. I did it so much that year, that I actually had trouble remembering how old I was.
30. Once a week I put my underwear on inside out. No, not because they are dirty, but because I am just not paying attention
31. I have not fully read any Harry Potter books, but started them all, read the spoilers on the internet and then read the last few chapters.
32. I have never learned how to whistle and I still try at least once a month.

7 comments:

Laura Hit said...

You are funny - that was a great list!! I laughed at many of them, so I guess, in essence, I was laughing at you - sorry!Hope you had a fabulous birthday!! Congrats on another year. Maybe this is the year to whistle!

Rachel Schultz said...

I like that...Thanks Laura...I will call this my year to whistle. Perfect!!

Jbussoli said...

This is great stuff - I want 32 more things! Your pic is beautiful too - you don't need any touch ups at all.

Jenn Galloway said...

TOO, TOO FUNNY! This absolutely made my day, I was laughing out loud to myself, glad no one was watching! I especially love the boy calling you gibson, priceless. Stunning photo too!
P.S. - Glad I am not the only one to cry at all the weddings.

Randy said...

:) Happy BIRTHDAY! :) Great 32 list, very entertaining. Great photo too.....you worked the bday suit and kudos for posting it untouched and raw. Mine would be heavily photoshopped and most likely be my head on some hot dude's body lol. :) -Randy

Jbussoli said...

Ok, that earlier comment was from me (heather) not jp...why is it coming up as jbussoli? Ahhh, computers...

sxm201203 said...

Wholesale NFL Jerseys, Andre Johnson Jersey, Russell Wilson Jersey, Wholesale Jerseys, J.J. Watt Jersey, Cheap Jerseys, Marshawn Lynch Jersey, J.J. Watt Jersey, Cheap NFL Jerseys, Whoelsale Jerseys China, Arian Foster Jersey, Andre Johnson Jersey, Cheap Jerseys From China, Russell Wilson Jersey, Andrew Luck Jersey